Saturday, March 20, 2010

On Whether the Weather is Whacked in Mississauga - Friday March 19th to Saturday March 20th

We are currently experiencing warped weather; yesterday, which was a sunny and glorious Friday, it was warm enough to go outside in a shorts and T and play basketball on the driveway with friends. It was warm enough to roll down the windows of my Honda Accord and drive full speed down Eglinton, even though the wind did numbers to my bushy and now unkempt hair. Yesterday it was warm like Summer, or at least good enough for Spring; it was 16 to 18 degrees Celsius. Wow!

Today it's cold like wearing a thick winter jacket zipped up to the top to fight away the shivers. It's cold to the point of not wanting to venture outdoors. It's cold like 1 or 2 degrees Celsius and dropping cold. And it's bad! I don't see no ducks. Where have all the ducks gone? No loons or robins or blue jays or geese. No sun or blue sky. Just the sound of airplanes behind the white clouds. Just white seamless clouds that seem to have no end when I look to the horizon. When I awoke today, I peered out my window and just caught the last trickles of flurries gently falling to the ground. They came down like thieves tiptoeing through air, trying to evade my eyes. The wind still thrashes mercilessly and maybe this is only happening in Mississauga. But seriously, the weather has become idiosyncratic and unpredictably moody.

Are these the mood swings of a dying earth, HIV symptoms of a raped mother earth who can't take any more carbon emissions or environmental pollution? I hate preachers but seriously, this weather is messed up.

Ashish

No comments:

Post a Comment